1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Ah, the perils of translation.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It just occurred to me that Trump has managed to drive his popularity down this far while the economy is doing what more or less counts for well these days. Imagine where it goes if we hit a recession before 2020?

SnarkShark likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is why the debt ceiling issue is such a time bomb for Republicans. The last big dip in consumer confidence came during the 2011 debt limit standoff. Consumer confidence, after all, is just how people feel their own economy is going.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah yeah yada yada ... when you post I think of the way the grownups in Charlie Brown shows sound.

When you've finished working through Hermeneutics for Middle Schoolers, maybe you'll actually understand my post and craft something of a thoughtful response. Until then, run along, because the grownups are talking ...

QYFW likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hate. Our CEO was the regional campaign chairman one year. (The year after Ken Lay of Enron.). Big push to get everyone to give.

I'm not a huge fan of the United Way, but you basically had to give.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

In context Matt. 25:31–46 doesn't FORCE you to help but it says there is no place in heaven for those that don't. Essentially you are not a Christian if you don't.
    44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Nahhh, don't give. I worked at a place in the 90s, big push for 100% participation from all the admins, even a personal message from the big boss. Came down to the last day of the campaign and my boss told me I was the only one who hadn't signed a pledge. I told him 99% would just have to be good enough.

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Trump is doing well despite the deep state.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sure ... now tell me how Jesus would say it today ... I doubt it'd be along the lines of, "Truly, I tell you, when you implemented the Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System, reducing the marginal rate on the one-percenters by a quarter-percent, you did not do for me."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.