1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

McCain's been around for 40 years and he knows how the Senate works. Fucko barely knows how to flush the toilet.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

As mentioned earlier, McConnell has to go. Trump's antics have taken the pressure (and the spotlight) off, but the GOPe continues to trip over itself on every issue. You can't have a "leader" that no one respects. Well, you can, but eventually that leads to massive electoral losses, as Democrats well know.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

For someone who delighted in the ethos of TRUMP 2016: FUCK YOUR FEELINGS, you sure seem upset. Your body of work is much more indicative of a gleeful troll bathing in liberal tears and coloring Dems!!! as hateful hysterics noshing on free-range fetuses rather than a compassionate, deep-thinking moderate who wishes we could all get along. Perhaps the alphabet soup acronyms ending in MAL are an olive branch I've yet up to decipher in my personal Enigma machine, but there doesn't seem to be a heap of evidence to support that.

"Gotcha! I don't support Trump or the GOP's efforts! I just revel in the reactions they elicit and want them to oppose *anything* the other guys want!" We cretins apologize for missing the details within the tapestry of nuance you've woven since your return.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Might be the funniest thing you've ever written.

dixiehack and YankeeFan like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's a little different. All legislative leaders in Congress are always unpopular with the voting public, or else they're unknown, like Denny Hastert and what's his name from Spokane was for the Democrats in 1993. But the opinion that matters is within their peer group of legislators. Pelosi has great cred in her caucus. So did Mitch, because Republicans won using his tactics. Now they've had a big loss LEGISLATIVELY, not in an election. This is likely to cause him more grief within the caucus than an election loss would.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Return of Maverick McCain Saves Obamacare

lakefront likes this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Apology accepted.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Sure, but that cred has been an electoral disaster for the Dems. Similarly, there has to be a tipping point for the GOP if its leadership continues not to deliver.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Any party in control of both Congress and the White House is very vulnerable. If it hadn't been for 9/11, 2006 would've happened to Republicans in 2002. As a point of fact, there is research showing that election losses seldom cause Congressional leaders to lose power. Hell, the GOP was in the House minority for 40 years. They didn't change leaders like the Browns change coaches.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Hey now, I've got an image to uphold.

Seriously, Obamacare is failing and will be a drag on our economy moving forward. SOMETHING has to be done. However, I'd rather see changes made within the framework as a larger replacement is worked on. Of course, that requires cooperation and that is not something Washington is interested in any longer. I wish the feds didn't seize control of health care. But now that they have a big piece of it, I pray that something can be done to provide for the needy without destroying the economy and the quality of care. Single payer is not the answer but neither is Repeal and Then Figure It Out.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The high drama may have been his plan all along. He likes presidents who bluster, then fail.

HanSenSE and Webster like this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Maybe the GOP should look into advanced analytics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.