1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another academic scandal; UNC is f-cked

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Aug 14, 2012.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Somebody willing to pay for abortions? I think it's a stretch to say everybody's got one of those.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

So how do you think abortions get paid for at other schools? Or do you think football players at fine establishments of moral decency like Louisville, Florida, Florida State and Oklahoma aren't putting their dingy dings in young women's hoo has? Let's not kid ourselves. A lot of these kids are doing shit you don't wanna' know about/

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I think back in the day at Nebraska, Lawrence Phillips just handled it the old fashioned way. His female acquaintances could be kinda clumsy on the stairs.

4. Jake_Taylor

5. Jake_Taylor

Announcement of findings and penalties coming tomorrow at noon.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Dylan Sheridan, Head Coach of the Men’s Lacrosse team at Cleveland State University has resigned in advance of the announcement. Cleveland State will self impose the following sanctions: No TV for the Men’s lacrosse and soccer programs, reducing by 1 full scholarship in each of those sports. And they will make a $100,000.00 voluntary contribution to the UNC Rams Club

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Heels just got a commitment from an elite hoops prospect who dropped Arizona and Miami from his list after the FBI news broke. That strikes me as a fairly solid indicator of the wet noodle that will be used to administer the punishment.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Apparently not ...

NCAA report on UNC academic case will not be released Friday

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

10. Big Circus

My understanding is that the NCAA releases the report only to the school, after which the school can take some time and release it at the time of its choosing. So the NCAA could have told UNC "The report and sanctions will arrive on Friday," and UNC may be saying "We'll study it before releasing it." Am I wrong?

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Don't know anything about the details of it. I was just quoting the Raleigh newspaper. If the school has it and is holding (or planning to hold) it until after this fundraising kickoff, sounds like the school's thinking it's going to get popped pretty good.

12. Big Circus

Interesting, and I think there's something to that. A slap on the wrist would probably create a celebratory atmosphere that could jump-start fundraising. Getting the hammer would have the opposite effect.

Draft saved Draft deleted