1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

@Batman and @Baron Scicluna that's some real solid answers. Definitely some great memories.

Batman likes this.
  2. Rainman

Well, this is going to be all kinds of awesome. Cannot wait for this 30 for 30.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Same director who did "I Hate Christian Laettner" and "Book of Manning" -- two good ones.

Rainman likes this.
  4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Man, "Thor: Ragnarok," "Justice League" and now this. I'm really looking forward to November.

Rainman likes this.
  5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

1. How did you get into wrestling?
    My grandad and dad got me hooked when I was kid, watching old USWA and Memphis wrasslin' on TV. Grew up, like everyone else, thinking it was all real. It wasn't long before I figured out it was all scripted. A friend I grew up with was a cousin of Sting, and I got to meet him when we were in middle school in 1997. IIRC, he had been written off TV earlier that year with "injuries." But when I met him, he was suddenly uninjured. Go figure.

2. Do you remember the first “big” main event match that you’ve watched?
    A buddy's parents bought him Bash at the Beach 1996 -- yeah, that one. He let me borrow the VHS the day after, and I must have watched the last match 10 or 15 times before giving it back to him to lend to another friend. There weren't that many *big* main events that I remember before that.

Rainman likes this.
  6. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

2. ... I WAS THERE!

rb

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Damn, that looks great.

Plus, as an added bonus, Undertaker appears out of character, which has been very rare for him in the last 15 years or so.

Rainman likes this.
  8. Rainman

I wonder how much they talk about the death of his son, Reid?!

Also, I wonder if David Flair will make an appearance in this documentary.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

From the press release:

The success took a considerable toll – on his body, and on his wives and children – and in 2013 came a tragic postscript. ​

So I'm guessing there will be a part devoted to that.

Rainman likes this.
  10. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...-flair-30-30-nature-boy-premieres-november-7/

He has three living children -- David and Megan from his first wife, and Charlotte from his second wife. Charlotte is a given, and I'd think David would be in there, too, considering he was the one in the public eye and not Megan.

Rainman likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm also wondering if they devote any time to the plane crash early in his career.

Rainman likes this.
  12. Rainman

I hope they do. It was a big part of his life.

It was also the talk of the industry for a lot of years after it happened.

Draft saved Draft deleted