1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Deron Johnson went from the Phillies to Oakland during the 1973 season and won a ring.

He then went from the White Sox to Boston late in 1975 but wasn't on the postseason roster, and didn't win a ring. Good question.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I can't imagine Cueto opting out unless he turns it on the last two months or just hates San Francisco.

ERA at 4.59, FIP is a tad worse, more hits than innings pitched, walks are up and ERA+ is below league average. He can't think he's getting better than 4 years, 87.3 million plus a 5 mil buyout or a fifth year at 22 million in 2022 on the open market, can he?

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If he's a betting man, he's betting that he can.

4. Della9250

Hey mlb.com, can we go back to the old video setup where i could easily sort out the clips I want to see from certain games instead of the nonsense you have implemented like two days ago?

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Is there really a UCL epidemic? Back in the day you tore your UCL and you were done.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he's Ted Fucking Williams. Jesus H. Christ himself couldn't get him out.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

But you can get Jesus out if you throw a curveball.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Depends on what you mean as mid-season acquisition.

Looking it up, I figured one of the Yankees in the late 90s had that happen to him. I thought it was Strawberry, or Ruben Sierra, or someone like that.

Instead, I found Luis Sojo.

He was selected off waivers by the Yankees from Seattle in August 1996, won the Series with them in '96, '98 and '99. Then in 2000, he signed as a free agent with Pittsburgh in the offseason of 2000, and was traded back to New York in early August of 2000, and won another Series with them.

Luis Sojo Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

So, if you're counting selecting off waivers as a midseason acquisition, then Sojo fits the bill.

YankeeFan, Hermes and RickStain like this.
  9. Della9250

Adrian Beltre just got ejected from the on-deck circle by Gerry Davis, in an 18-6 game with 2,996 hits because he was out of the on-deck circle and then decided to move the on-deck circle to where he was.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Marlins a model of efficiency tonight. Only needed 22 hits to drive in 22 runs.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Just saw the video.
    Me thinks Uncle Gerry was a little grumpy after watching this meaningless horseshit baseball game take over 4 hours.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The Indians either score 10 or 11 runs or they get shut out. They're the Ricky Bobby of baseball.

Draft saved Draft deleted