1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sigh

The Right cheered Bush when he talked Iraq, then said "Watch this Drive."

Obama didn't lie about keeping the plan. He really thought that people would keep their plan. If you want to criticize him for making a mistake on this, fine. But don't say he lied.

Harry Reid did the same thing that the Swift Boaters did to John Kerry, and Fox News did to Max Cleland, and dozens of other liberals. They did it first.

Bill Clinton committed perjury. Over his fucking sex life. Hardly a matter of national security or life and death.

Oh, heaven forbid, that a person being accused of crimes defend themselves. They should just let people attack them endlessly, especially from a party that tape recorded a supposed rape victim without her consent, forced her to come forward, then threatened her with perjury.

Yeah, she shouldn't have done it. Maybe she wouldn't have if she wasn't being investigated for the eighth frickin' time over four years for an incident that Republicans even admitted was no big deal and that they were only investigating to hurt her. So much for the memory of four patriotic Americans.

Yeah, well, when you make remarks putting people down and saying they're inferior to you, you're going to anger some people.

Yeah, one guy decided to listen to Nixon instead of resigning. The other guy was actually confirmed.

Oh, as far as winning goes, remind me again which party said their sole goal was to see the president fail during the worst economy since the Depression; which party continued to repeat the lie over WMDs in Iraq and questioned the patriotism of any critic; which party celebrated a Congressman beating up a reporter who was only doing his job and which party's favorite network criticized the president for his mustard choice.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not to mention the main reason you can't "keep your own doctor" under Obamacare is the relentless and incessant efforts of the Teabags to hamstring and monkey-wrench it.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

"A few years ago, this guy (Obama) would be getting us coffee."

-- Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton is a racist, but Dems are cool with him, even though he put down Obama, suggesting he should be serving him. Is a server better than a caddy?

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You speak for all Dems? You know what we're cool with and everything? So many Dems aren't cool with Bill Clinton to the point they wouldn't vote for his wife and we ended up with a cartoon character as president.

You need to get over your Clinton obsession.

5. YankeeFan

LOL. Good luck making these arguments. No one cares.

The people elected Trump with full knowledge of who he is. He was elected to destroy the Democratic Party, and he's on his way to accomplishing it.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I seem to recall a few boasts from Republicans like Karl Rove about how, after the Iraq war would end with candy and flowers, that the GOP would retain power for decades. Didn't happen, did it?

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

There's at least an equal possibility that Trump will destroy the GOP.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And a definitely non-zero possibly he will destroy us all.

9. YankeeFan

Don't condescend. If you and Ragu want to post in the political thread, don't expect special treatment

Bill Clinton is very popular among Democrats. There's no denying that. He's a popular surragate and fundraiser.

He's certainly not persona non grata in the party, and his wife won the Democratic nomination largely based on his popularity, and the strength of his political network.

He treated Obama like he was unworthy of the presidency because of his race. Obama was beneath him in his mind. A guy who should be serving him and Teddy Kennedy coffee.

Fuck him.

And, the portrayal of Obama as African, and as not having American values was birthed in the Hillary Clinton 2008 campaign for president, as was the Birther movement.

So, go ahead and pretend you're just a politically practical moderate. You're a liberal. It's ok. You've never said an ill word about Bill or Hillary Clinton on here in over 10 years. That's ok too.

But get off your high horse when you try to paint others as racist. A Caddy!! LOL.

You're guy called him a server, and suggested he was beneath him. If that doesn't disgust you, then you're full of shit when you claim to be offended by republican attitudes towards Obama.

10. YankeeFan

Great argument. That will win you back the White Hose in 2020.

Please, try to make George W. Bush and Karl Rove the issue.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I think you are using "unanimously" wrong here. One person was skeptical. Well, one person and one Starman.

Not that I want to dissuade your love for this place. It is my favorite collection of weirdos on the internet.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Dude. We've never asked for special treatment. But I will look at my belt buckle and remind you of this: You don't set the rules and policies of this place, as much as you like to think and act otherwise. Don't lecture us. Ever. I won't put up with that shit, at all.

Now carry on and leave me out of your comments and your bass ackward thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.