1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"He's nine. He's nine, folks. There are so many Presidents he could've liked in his lifetime, but he chose me. It's terrific. Pickle is terrific. I'm going to frame this and put it next to my Time Magazine cover. Tremendous. No other president has ever received a letter from a child. It's never happened. That's true. It's true. Listen, maybe if Jeff Sessions were a little more like Pickle...I'm just saying. I'm just saying."

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Under our current system in a state that refused to expand Medicaid, who gets to sleep in their truck overnight at the county fairgrounds waiting to get insulin or tooth extractions at the free medical clinic that visits one weekend a year?

When Health Law Isn’t Enough, the Desperate Line Up at Tents

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

No parent is mailing their kid's letter to the President if it has something scratched out. You're handing the kid paper and having them redo it.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I wrote a letter to LBJ in 1965 when I was 6. He (or his minions) sent back a BW pic and said to work hard in school.

I'm sure it's in some file cabinet at the LBJ Museum.

So what? Who cares?

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't know about the one in Minnesota, but the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., where both my parents passed on in their hospice facility, is a regular hospital with plenty of Medicare and Medicaid patients and folks using their emergency room as a treatment center. I know that because both Alice and I used their emergency room for real emergencies, wounds as a result of accidents, over the last 10 years.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

But seriously, how do we decide, in a single payer system, who gets to go to the Mayo Clinic?

They can't take everyone, right?

So, how is their capacity rationed?

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My first daughter was born in that Jacksonville Mayo.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Reality show competitions.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is this a serious post?

Do you have children?

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member