1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

First, I severely lowballed it pulling a number out of the air:

48k over five years gets to be 10k a year, give or take, and that's a figure from eight years ago. If you can't afford insurance you are unlikely to be able to hump that.

Second, I agree with regard to costs. Most of the time if you ask they can't even tell you what a given lab or procedure will cost, which makes shopping problematical. Also, if you've taken your wife with kidney stones to the ER, it's difficult to pack her up and take her to the other hospital where the procedure is cheaper.

No one involved in this health care debate seems to want to look at Doctor/Hospital?Pharmaceutical costs.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That's two people. Hardly evidence of anything. "Every scout I encountered...." means what? 1? 100? This type of lazy reading is what's led us to the plight we are in as a country.

What did the scouts think? Ask them and identify specifically how many responses you received.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The fact that Americans love the ACA now suggests that perhaps it wasn't principled aversion to federalism that led to them being against it, as @doctorquant posits.

I imagine it had something to do with a certain screech machine telling them to get worked up about the Mooslim Negro

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yeah, thank God for the Texans ...

[​IMG]

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

By the time you're 17, you ought to be able to figure out when somebody's feeding you bullshit. Time to get your head out of your ass, boys.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

LOL ... it's so popular they ought to write it in the Constitution! Those damn old dead guys ... they ruin everything! It's not fair!

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. RickStain

That would have been a decent "look over there!" feint for YF. It's below what I expect from you, though sometimes I can't recall why.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Coming from someone who used the phrase "mooslim negro" within the last 10 posts, that really stings.

10. RickStain

Better than being someone who sold out their ideology to people who use it unironically.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But he's been doing great work.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm always amazed at liberals here who mock their parents and other relatives when discussing politics. One of the shittier things you can do, IMO.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.