1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You use that word "they" rather peculiarly.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's pretty simple. Old People *need* their medical insurance. Old People have time to write and call their Congressmen.

Most of all, Old People Vote.

3. Neutral Corner

That's great if you have $6,000 in the bank that you can plunk down. Half of this country is three missed paychecks from homeless. What happens when you're one of those, you don't have six grand, and your wife is in agony with a kidney stone?

I would add that kidney stones are on the cheap end of the scale. Suppose she had been puking her guts out with a gall bladder attack and needed to have it removed? That's still on the low end of the money scale, but I'd bet that it would get to be $15-20,000 in a hurry. Surgery suite, surgeon(s), anaesthesiologist, meds, hospital room for a day or two...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    lakefront likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That is exactly right. The best thing that has happened to my party in the last decade is that the Beltway darling shitheads like Joe have been purged. Gore made many mistakes in 2000 and one of the biggest was that weasel.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Less outrage. More resolve.

(My new mantra.)

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The great majority of these are over 65 and are thus on Medicare and not included in the insurance pool.
    Many of the other ones ALREADY HAVE insurance (either because of their work, or because they can simply afford it). They have out-of-pocket maximums. Their situations will remain the same, with or without the GOP bill.

Remember, we are ONLY talking about the limited number of people whose situations would be CHANGED as a result of the crappy GOP bill. Yes, my 90-year-old father may develop a serious medical condition this year. But his situation won't change as a result of the GOP bill.

And finally, I said the number is "closer" to 32,000 than 32 million. 15 million is "closer" to 32,000 than it is 32 million.

I hate to sound like OOP, but . . . reading comprehension.

doctorquant likes this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Tomorrow's controversy today! Where does he come up with this stuff? From the same rally DanielSimpsonDay posted about above:

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Reading some of Bernie Sanders' earlier oeuvre...

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Given the "all Trump accusations are projections" rule, it probably wouldn't be the worst idea to look for young girls "sliced and diced" in his vicinity in the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.