1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stream is live; sister, not so much

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Spartan Squad, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

An 18-year-old teen couldn't put down her phone while driving and she sure as hell couldn't put it down after getting into an accident that kills her sister. I'm not going to post the video here, but it's out there for people to find. Basically she livestreams her singing as she drives. Of course she crashes the car and it picks back up with her announcing she killed her sister and she's going to jail for the rest of her life. Meanwhile she's holding her sister's lifeless body up.

Driver arrested in deadly Merced County crash streamed on social media, CHP confirms

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Our devices are starting to rob us of our soul.

Stoney likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

And our country.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Huh, and I thought Snooki and The Situation were the original soul-robbing barons.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that was Elvis or Rudolph Valentino. Actually it might have been Mark Twain or Hawthorne. At any rate, 'twas probably some long dead honkey.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Man, I should have waited to start this thread because one of the teens in the car just managed to make things even better. And by better I mean makes me want to cry for society more.

Was it the fault of the 18 year old who was driving drunk? Nope. Was it the fault of the 18 year old using a phone to video herself for Instagram? Nope. It was Social Media's fault. Yes, social media forced the 18 year 0ld to video herself while driving drunk that led to the crash.

The Teen Who Survived A Deadly Crash That Was Livestreamed On Instagram Blames Social Media

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Love the thread title.

Spartan Squad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted