1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

How does Eck not tell Price to STFU until he makes the Hall?

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I would be polishing off the Marty Brennaman retort to Griffey Jr. "I was here before you and I'll be here after you."

Hermes likes this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Hey, at least no one mentioned Rick Manning.

Also, David Price's "“Some people just don’t understand how hard this game is" in reference to a Hall of Fame pitcher is a Mount Rushmore stupid quote, right? I can't think of another instance where a player went after a HOF'er from that angle.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    Batman and Steak Snabler like this.
  4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Fuck David Price. Brian Kenny just nailed it as guest host on "High Heat" minutes ago.

It's one thing to confront Eck personally and tell him that what he said wasn't cool.

It's quite another when you have your boys surround you and try to punk Eck out. That was a punk-ass move.

Eck knows how to take care of himself. The Red Sox changed their boarding policy for media after this?? Fuck that shit.

Price isn't going to last in Boston by this time next year. He's falling apart and he's pointing fingers.

goalmouth and cjericho like this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Kershaw is expected to miss 4-to-6 weeks with a lower back injury. They've got a big lead in the division, so really the focus has to be doing whatever works to get Kershaw back in the swing of things and ready for the playoffs.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So now they might win 100 games instead of 113 and win the division by 15 games instead of 20.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Two more trades, both in the AL Central.

The Twins added starting pitcher Jaime Garcia. The Royals got starter Trevor Cahill and relievers Brandon Maurer and Ryan Buchter from the Padres.

I don't know much about the players going the other way in either deal, but it seems like the Royals did particularly well, adding depth to the rotation and the bullpen.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Other gems from David Price, the Don Newcombe of this generation (without Newcombe's dominating regular seasons, or bat):

"Bill Buckner just doesn't understand how hard this game this."

"Ralph Terry just doesn't understand how hard this game is."

"Fred Merkle just doesn't understand how hard this game is."

"Ralph Branca just doesn't understand how hard this game is."

Other potential gems:

"Scott Norwood just doesn't understand how hard this game is."

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That quote really highlights the absurdity and self-absorption of Price. Eck gave up a game-winning home run in the World goddamn Series to a hobbled Gibson and still went on to save another 329 games. Dude, the guy knows exactly how fucking hard this game is.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

For a Vanderbilt guy, David Price is all-SEC stupid.

FileNotFound likes this.
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

My personal favourite Eck blown save up was giving up the HR to Alomar after staring the Jays dugout down in 92.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Eddie Gaedel doesn't understand how hard this game is."

Draft saved Draft deleted