1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 7

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I hope Littlefinger meets a particularly disgusting end. It would pain me greatly for the show to end with him playing the eminence grise to Sansa or some such.

I don't buy him cooperating with Varys.

Semi-spoiler. Next episode is entitled "The Queen's Justice".

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

They've had at least one private conversation that wouldn't have made sense of they were in it together.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

We are past secret motivations. This is the endgame. LF wants to make it with baby cat and Varys supports what's best for the people.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Sansa was practically flashing a sign that says "I mean Littlefinger" when she talked about how she admired Cersei's success murdering enemies. I'll be very surprised if he makes it a few episodes with her in charge of winterfell

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The lying, slippery little weasels are usually the ones who survive.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Maybe. Maybe he'll fly from the Aerie, too.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

So I wasn't the only one who kinda hoped Jon Snow would just continue to strangle Littlefinger until he fell at his feet?

This was a fantastic episode, one of my favorites in the last few seasons. You got some great story building for a number of different characters, some great acting, an amazing battle scene and some very impressive nudity. It feels like there is a gravity in the middle of Westeros that is finally pulling all these stories together. Very few loose ends at this point. It is about time.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that Littlefinger has a few episodes as Sansa's advisor in Winterfell before something bad happens to him next season.

My guess is that Cersie has the Sand Snake daughter poisoned in front of the mother.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Was I the only one who didn't like the battle scene? Part of that is being very much anti-Euron at this point - playing that character as a psychotic Jack Sparrow just doesn't work for me. His alternating between prancing around chewing up the scenery and pulling off incredible kills just took me out of it. It feels like a different show whenever he's onscreen.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

There's a theory out there (not backed up by anything in the books, so it's not a spoiler) that Bran is the Night King. It would sort of depend on the same sort of time-bending that came into play with Hodor/Wylis last season.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm with you on Euron for the most part, but his entrance onto Yara's ship was a really cool shot.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I mostly thought the cinematography and how it was shot was what made it great. The fire embers floating around throughout each shot, going from close up to wide shot seamlessly, the dark feel of it all just really worked for me.

Euron is definitely a little over the top. He isn't a subtle psychopath, but I think he makes for an interesting change of pace for the rest of the show's "villains", who are either a soft-spoken queen or a mute snow zombie.

Draft saved Draft deleted