1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If the Democratic candidate had less baggage it would have happened this time around. It's hard to gauge overall. In 2008 McCain was the nominee, so that was a landslide, and the massive Mormon population in Maricopa county guaranteed Romney would win handily in 2012. Overall Maricopa is getting less red... but it still leans that way.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The reporter in the post right above mine.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Right you are. My bad.
    Larger point remains true: The Draft-Dodger in Chief has no class.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is a repeat but it's good.

HC likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They are much more poetic in their original Russian

cranberry likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Ah, Trent Franks. Was the rep from our district (as opposed to being my rep) in the Arizona legislature when I was working there about 10 years ago. Fun city politically with Napolitano as governor, as you can imagine. Did an hour on the local radio station once a week that was so conservative it was hard to listen to. And I see Ward is from the same area, which explains a lot.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Bill Kristol has no room to complain. His idea in 08 was Palin. That's what all his intellect and nuance brought forth.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

They also estimate that 19m fewer people would have insurance under Medicaid. Some of this loss actually is due to repeal of individual mandate, because it was good marketing for Medicaid - caused people to look into Medicaid who otherwise wouldn't. But not most.

Other point is coverage lost due to ending of IM isn't a 1:1 ratio of people choosing not to buy insurance. It IS for a good part of it. But it also prices people out of the market. (Healthy people choose not to buy -> pool of insured is sicker -> prices go up -> people would would buy under lower prices w/individual mandate in place get priced out of market)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.