1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Vice Sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Cosmo, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'm stuck in 1982. I want my cake!

Doc Holliday likes this.
  2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Loved that show ... this was my favorite ... Leslie Nielsen is classic in this one

3. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

Can someone explain to me what the sudden aggressive hang-up with video is with all these major sports sites? Fox, SI, Vice, etc? I don't have time to watch a video at work, nor would I want to get caught at work watching a video instead of doing my work. I can't imagine I am alone is this predicament. What kind of numbers are these advertisers' analysts crunching to conclude that pre-roll is THAT valuable?

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

People aren't just watching video at work. They're watching video in the car, while they drive, at the restaurant, while they shop, on their phones and iPads, etc. Hell, they're watching video of games while they're at a game.

People are simpletons. It's easier to watch video than to read and actually have to think. This is what makes TV so popular and this is what's killing all these websites that provide the written word but not video. Once internet video content improved to the standard that's set today, good journalism on the Internet was doomed.

5. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

You know, you assholes suck and have largely killed this site. Congratulations.

BigRed likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.