1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in tone-deaf newspaper columns

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MisterCreosote, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Ol' Clark is too Ol' to be driving, or writing for that matter.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

After over three million miles of driving and using my turn signals religiously, Ol’ Clark was pulled over for not signaling a right turn.

If you multiply how many years he's been eligible to drive (68) times the average amount people drive a year (15,000) it comes to 1,020,000. To triple that, as he alleges in the first sentence, he'd have to average about 45,000 miles annually, something only truck and bus drivers do.

Ol' Clark is as shitty at math as he is signaling.

Doc Holliday and Vombatus like this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I don't know. An old-timey newspaper reporter could've ran up that kind of mileage. Maybe even on the paper's dime back in those days!

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

My first regret was reading a column in which a man refers to himself in the third person and as "Ol' Clark." He deserves to be arrested for that for ....something. Somebody figure out a charge. Misdemeanor being an old fart?

5. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted