1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Nice crowd, those alt-righters ...

Last night, Senator John McCain (R-AZ) was diagnosed with a deadly form of brain cancer. The news sent shockwaves through Washington, gathering heartwarming messages of support and condolences from the political population of Capitol Hill.

The reaction from President Trump’s far-right wing supporters, however, showed their true colors in an outpouring of vitriol on hatred in the comments section on fascist rag Breitbart, which until recently was run by Trump’s Chief Strategist Steve Bannon.

Trump’s Alt-Right Is Responding To McCain’s Cancer News In Revolting Fashion

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And not only that, it requires you to believe that McCain responded personally to someone's letter for the sole purpose of being snotty and dismissive to someone in a terrible situation. It's not impossible, I suppose, but I sure as hell want to see that letter in person before I even consider putting my name to it on Twitter or anywhere else.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Talking points, yo. Talking points.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The robotics competition made more news.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Any of them work for the LA Times?

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Based on the letter Elain Chau sent @heyabbott's daughter, I believe this story about McCain.

SnarkShark likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As an innocent person would obviously do ...

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Trump's backed himself into a nasty corner. He's pretty much got to fire Mueller now, and then that will set off a huge firestorm everywhere around him. He might have seen that coming if he wasn't so pathetically narcissistic. Sad!

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Well, at least the ones still around

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He might be able to fire Mueller and get away with it, but if he does the next guy in the job will have all that was developed under Mueller, just as Mueller did not start flatfooted. He had all that Comey had developed. Call me naive but I still have faith in the system.

Trump will do his best to do the Presidential version of paying off his offenses and walking away without admitting guilt.

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

They're just trying to hang out and get some peace and quiet on the streets of DC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.