1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Mexico???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Donny in his element, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Part 2 in a 57-part series?

I'll be spending a week in New Mexico for the first time later this month -- specifically a few days in Albuquerque and a couple in Taos that include a wedding.

One catch ... the whole family is coming: the wife and I, our 3-year- and 11-month-olds, plus mom-in-law.

So, what cool, perhaps family-friendly, things should we do in ABQ, Taos, and surrounds (Sante Fe?)? Hell, tell me all the things I should do but can't because of family. I'll add it to the vacay bank.

Also, before someone posts these, here are previous discussions on the topic:
    (Yes, I will read them at some point, too, but I love fresh ideas and post-padding.)

Going to New Mexico in April
    Albuquerque travel
    New Mexico/honeymoon
    Anyone got any Albuquerque advice? I'm...
    Tell me about Albuquerque

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Fly likes this.
  2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Make sure you swing by and apply for that job in Roswell.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Peyote.

(Go ahead and start those divorce proceedings just in case.)

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

At least it's not Maryland.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

New Mexico is a fabulous driving state. It has so many kinds of deserts. Roswell is cool, too.

I was going to recommend El Paseo in Santa Fe, but it looks like it's closed, which sucks. Great place.

I'm not sure what the point of telling you that was. Thinking out loud, I guess.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If you go to Roswell, hit up Popo's on East McGaffey. Best enchiladas I ever had.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think MC suffered some kind of trauma in Maryland as a kid.

Fly likes this.
  8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Red River used to be my family's go-to camping spot when I was a kid. The entire Enchanted Circle area is beautiful, with great hiking/biking year around. You can also rent jeeps to go around to the places that cars can't go. Not sure how mobile your little ones are (or if you're adverse to carrying them), but there are some really easy trails in the area. Taos has a lot of artsy stuff, shopping, good food.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Los Pollos Hermanos for breakfast, of course. Just don't get cross ways with the manager.

11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I hear there's a car wash that's very attentive to detail as well. If it weren't a rental...

SFIND and Jake_Taylor like this.
  12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Just find out what happened to Kim Wexler, please. I'm worried about her.

Draft saved Draft deleted