1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Night Sports Editor, The Advocate/The New Orleans Advocate

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Joe Schiefelbein, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Joe Schiefelbein

Joe Schiefelbein New Member

The Advocate/The New Orleans Advocate is seeking a Night Sports Editor.

Some quick details: The position is based in Baton Rouge, because that is where the desk staff is located. The position is essentially an assistant sports editor spot. Both the assistant sports editor and the night sports editor are, of course, heavily and almost equally involved in day-to-day print and online operations.

We've had a good run of success, making APSE Top 10 or honorable mention daily in each of the past four years. We're replacing an outstanding individual, and we're looking for an equally outstanding hire.

The formal application and job listing can be found here: Careers ... Should you want to apply, please make sure to go through this portal, so the HR folks will be satisfied.

For any questions or less-formal applications, please send them on to jschiefelbein@theadvocate.com.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Haven't been there but will definitely hit up Mansurs on the Boulevard if I'm ever in Baton Rouge.

3. Michael_Petre

Michael_Petre Member

In actual relevant comments ...

You'll only get better working with Joe and his crew. I can't speak of them and what they do highly enough.

Yes, this is my old job. If you have any questions, send me a message.

MileHigh likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I bet Joe taught you that sarcasm too.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This one, I'm happy and sad to say at the same time, has been filled. Geaux get 'em, Zach!

Draft saved Draft deleted