1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Little while ago, Foggy Window, an 8.1% double IPA from Monkish Brewing Co. in Torrance Cal. Very good, think I like the New England style double IPAs better, but likely because I've had a lot more of those. My buddy gave me this one and some Other Half for some Trillium, Cape May and 7 Mile.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

3. cjericho

Safety Glasses, a 5.2% session IPA from Industrial Arts Brewing in Garnerville, NY. First one from Industrial Arts and it's pretty good. Guy in one shop I like in NY mentioned this place several months back. Think they're not yet 1 year old and pretty sure he said guy who started this brewery was at Ithaca and Peekskill previously. Have to read up on them, they are distributing in NJ now.

4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Chief is one helluva brewer.

5. cjericho

Did he brew at Ithaca, then start Peekskill and now Industrial Arts? you ever have Rushing Duck? Like them a lot and IMHO they are underrated/underhyped. The location could be a factor, but when he has can releases there's almost never a line. While at Magnify (which I think is a little better than RD) there's usually over 100 before they open.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

White Zombie, a witbier from N.C.'s Catawba Brewing. May have actually found a craft beer too light even for my lightweight tastes.

7. cjericho

Most Witbiers are light, can pound several playing softball, mowing the lawn or sitting in the yard. Dogfish Namaste White is a good light witbier.

FileNotFound likes this.
  8. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

yep, he made some killer beers at Ithaca. Brute and Le Bleu were transcendent American wild ales and unfiltered Flower Power was as good an IPA as there was. Only had a couple of his Peekskill offerings, yet to get any IA stuff.

No Rushing Duck yet. One of these years I'll get east again!

9. cjericho

Ahh yeah forgot you're no longer on the east coast. When you do get back, obviously Kane is still great. But IMHO Magnify is No. 2 in NJ. They do a lot of New England style IPAs and distribute in Mass now. They are not in the same league as Treehouse or Trillium, but I'd put them right there with or even ahead of Night Shift. Guy on nj.com did a NCAA type bracket of the best breweries in NJ. He picked Demented. Have only had a few from them, think they're decent but not as good as Kane, Magnify or Carton. Twin Elephant in Chatham is supposed to be very good, but don't think they can yet.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

One Eyed Wilma heifweizen, which to my knowledge is only available at the nanobrewery that makes it, Hoppy Trout in Andrews, N.C. (population 1781). Tasty stuff.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Beer.
    Cold.
    Lots.

12. Wolf Pup Session from Golden Road. Very good and great price (15 pack for $16)!
    This, and Founder's All Day IPA (also 15 pack for $16) are my staples.

Draft saved Draft deleted