1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I wish you could live in Chicago and hear how much of the chatter on radio is about Arrieta. I still don't understand why you don't think his struggles are an interesting story.

News flash: Some posters - some people, generally - find certain ongoing stories more interesting than others. They even talk about them.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What? You don't think I had genuine concerns about the Cubs' pitching beyond Arrieta? It's not as if I've been posting about that for a while. Oh wait. I have been doing exactly that. It's almost as if my argument was that the focus on Arrieta while ignoring the other issues facing the defending World Champions was evidence that backed up some point I was making.

Perhaps I'm just following your shining example. Why would that trouble you so? o_O

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Jon Lester is not a problem.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've never restricted my point to Jon Lester. That was you trying to avoid the truth about your trolling. Nice to see you finally came around on Lackey.

By the way, the Cubs are 39-39, trailing the Brewers in the NL Central. They were 51-26 through 78 games in 2016. But yeah, there is only one player on that team worth posting about.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My joke must have swung and missed. You didn't pick up the Lackey horse references?

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I was just writing that if he and Ann Coulter had a baby, I'd put money on it to win the Belmont.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Red Sox fans would like an answer to that question, too.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

How is Colorado suddenly 5.5 games back in the NL West? That was quick.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

And threatening to give some teams wildcard hopes and dreams in the second half.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Could it finally be the end?

Also this:

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'd bet folding money the Mets pick him up.

Draft saved Draft deleted