1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do think it's great that about a third of the people competing in BNS were on the original version.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

She does??

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Twin Peaks is so amazingly, wonderfully insane. When Mark Frost works with Lynch and keeps him reined in just a tad, it's magic.

4. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Thank you. I'd never seen that before, but it was fantastic. Made me miss Richard Hatch, too. Apollo the peacemaker.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Telly Savalas chain smoking.
    Cosell calling Robert Hedges, "Bobby".
    Lynda Carter kissing Gabe Kaplan.
    Robert Conrad making German killing jokes.
    Robert Conrad genuinely upset, and challenging Kaplan.
    Farah Fawcet Majors looking better than fabulous.

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

That was a classic Cosell thing: Calling athletes/celebrities by a different version of their first name than what they were known by. For example, on Monday Night Football, if there was a player with the first name Joe, he'd always call them Joey. And, of course there was his future brief broadcast partner 'Francis' Tarkenton.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Show's great even without her boobies.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

That is probably the best acting by most of those people in their careers.

11. DanOregon

"Dick Hatch" - always did a double take when Cosell dropped that one. Also loved the tug of war. How much coke do you think was done in those RVs assembled for "breaks" between events?
    I remember Cosell talking endlessly about "Dan" Travanti's "other" battle - "I'm talking of course about his well publicized BATTLE with the bottle. He IS an alcoholic and his brave fight has PAID off to-DAY."

poindexter likes this.
  12. DanOregon

The new BNS is okay - and I guess I understand the closed set to avoid social media spoilers etc., but you would have thought those participating could bring along family and friends to make it kind of fun. Though it is hard to believe some of those actors are than unathletic given their physiques.
    Given how low network TV has sunk, I'm really surprised the Big Four don't sign off on allowing their actors to participate - especially those on new shows. Figure it would be a good way to give the new shows some pub.

Draft saved Draft deleted