1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And he ran, he ran all night and day.

Amid a bizarre flock of seagulls, Denard Span’s single wins it in 14th for Giants

Denard Span's single wins it for Giants in 14th inning

“Those birds were dropping stuff around me,” he said. “I was like, `You know what, man? I don’t got time for this. I want to go home.’ Those birds don’t have respect for anybody in the outfield.”

I Should Coco, cranberry and Vombatus like this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Hat tip to you.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's kind of it and on the right track. He's basically a high-maintenance pain in the ass who worries about everything, it seems, except actually pitching.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And the Cubs release Montero.

5. Dick Whitman

Montero released for criticizing Five-Inning Jake.

@outofplace is Theo Epstein!

LongTimeListener likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

Looking on the bright side, this gets him out of the Ricketts initiated Presidential photo op at the White House.

8. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

Let me see if I got this right. The Cubs start a pitcher (Arrieta) that is piss poor at holding runners on base and "Joe the Genius"[/sarcasm] pairs him up with a catcher (Montero) that can't throw anyone out. All this in a game when Max Scherzer's on the mound for the opposition and, to quote Rizzo from his ESPN1000 radio appearance this morning, "We have another catcher (Willson Contreras) that throws everyone out."

...and no one in the national or Chicago media criticizes Joe Maddon for this move. Maddon = overrated.

9. Dick Whitman

How do we know this? I'm sure radio has brought it up.

10. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

Okay, just for shits & giggles, link please? :p

11. Dick Whitman

I don't know. I haven't been listening. But I find it hard to believe that in hours and hours of Cubs-obsessed programming, it hasn't come up. I usually listen to the "Bernstein and Goff" show during my morning run, so I'll see if they talk about it.

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I came here to see if anyone was noting how terrible Jake Arrieta is as a human being and a pitcher. I see it has been noted. Good work as always gang.

Huggy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted