1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Nothing happening in Pittsburgh through 6.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Arrieta 4 IP, 5 BB.

I'm not evaluating until I hear Boras's spin, though.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Stuff happening now. Rays' Alex Cobb gives up back-to-back hits in the 7th, including one to Andrew McCutchen, who no longer sucks.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4 IP ... 98 pitches.

I think he's too thick. Besides the yoga, does he lift like a madman?

Smoltz made a good point tonight -- nobody has pitched more innings the last 2+ years than Scherzer.

Scherzer doesn't do much lifting, if any, in the off-season but runs like a maniac.

Jake's upper body looks too muscle'y thick.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Avi Garcia 1 for his last 22 and predictably regressing back into a shitty hitter. His batted ball profile had indicated he was no different than shitty Avi Garcia.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Wild ending at Comiskey tonight. The Sox load the bases in the 8th on FOUR walks by Clippard but only score once to make it 3-2. Then, in the ninth against Betances they load the bases again, get to their final out and win it on a two-RBI single by Abreu.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Excruciating loss to watch. Yanks have now lost what, 10 of 13 or something like that? The worst part is they've held the lead in many of those games and haven't finished them off.

Clippard is begging to follow Carter the way he's pitching, despite being fantastic over the first two months of the season. He allowed just four runs in April/May, but has allowed 12 thus far in June.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I hope Renteria gets piss drunk tonight.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The first two walks were from Domingo German. Clippard walked two himself, struck out the last guy on a 3-2 count. Considering the dumpster fire that Clippard has been for the last several weeks, it was quite the accomplishment that he got out of it by only giving up one run (German's).

Then Betances stunk it out in the ninth. Yanks' bullpen has been terrible the last three weeks and it had been a strength for them in the first two months.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I pity the emergency room nurse that has to evaluate Whitman's three-hour boner overnight.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You're cutting him short an hour.

Draft saved Draft deleted