1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Braun just did his Kevin Nash impression, with Roman playing the role of Rey Mysterio, albeit not quite like a lawn dart. Heckuva bump though.

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Haven't been watching, but LaMelo Ball (the youngest of the three brothers who had the 92-point high school game last season) dropped the N-word twice on Raw.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  3. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, apparently it happened. I didn't hear it just because there was a bunch of stuff going on. That segment was a pure trainwreck.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

The look on Matt Hardys face when he threw his arms out to Balors theme music is everything I never knew I needed

5. Baron Scicluna

Almost forgot about it, but Sunday was the ten-year anniversary of the death of ... well, you know.

I was out of town when I read the news, but a friend had loaned me a tape of the PPV that he missed. It was pretty surreal watching the fans, who didn't know what had happened, being pissed off that John Morrison was subbing against CM Punk, and were chanting their missing hero's name.

Then the canceled Raw, with Vince (who somehow lived through his limo exploding) coming out to the ring in the empty arena to talk about the deaths, while at the same time, we were finding out the truth behind them. One of the more surreal Raws.

I'd say it's in the top two of the darkest moments in pro wrestling history with Owen Hart's death being the other one.

Hard to believe it's been ten years. Time really does fly.

6. Baron Scicluna

On a brighter note, I've been watching the Netflix GLOW show. It's quite good. It stars Allison Brie (from Mad Men).

It's based upon how GLOW was created in the 80s and how it was behind the scenes. There's some wrestling stuff, but it mostly focuses on how the show came about behind the scenes.

ADD: In a couple of episodes, there is frontal nudity. FYI.

7. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

The WWE got what they wanted with having LaVar Ball on Raw last night, and that is more attention. Sad. However, it worked.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Aside from that horrific segment with Miz TV, I think RAW was good last night.

The women's gauntlet match was very well done. Made Nia out to be a continued monster and her tapping made sense since it was the last match of the gauntlet.

What the hell do they do with Bailey now, though? They made her champ way too soon and now they've painted themselves into a corner.

FFS, why give Bray that much interview time if you're going to continue to bury him in mid-card feuds where he's going to lose to Rollins/Finn whoever. What a waste by WWE.

This Titus Brand stuff is starting to get over with me.

Why are they burying The Revival on Main Event? FFS.

I read somewhere that HHH is not happy with how his NXT guys are being used because Vince is still calling all the major shots.

9. JimmyHoward33

I think eventually Bayley either gets over on Smackdown or they come back around to her and Sasha.

Masked mans made the point that making her champion too early at least gives her credibility when shes chasing it later. We'll see.

10. JimmyHoward33

Anybody catch Big E's Booker T reference? Laughed out loud and I havent laughed at New Day in like 18 months.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Carmella still wins. Fantastic. or should I say. F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S !!!

12. JimmyHoward33

If you havent watched Asuska vs Cross last woman standing you should....more high spot than both womens MITBs combined.

Hell it was more violent than most current day mens hardcore matches.

Outstanding match.

Draft saved Draft deleted