1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter | Batesville, Arkansas

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Scott McDonald, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Scott McDonald

Scott McDonald New Member

The Batesville Daily Guard has an opening for a sports reporter to help with coverage of high school, college and other local sports.
    Photography and pagination experience preferred.
    The Guard is the only family-owned daily newspaper left in Arkansas.
    Questions and resumes may be submitted to me, Scott McDonald, via email: scott@guardonline.com
    or send resume to Guard Sports Writer Position, P.O. Box 2036, Batesville, AR 72503.

We have nine high schools and one college, Lyon College, in our area. Of the nine, only six play football. It's an afternoon paper, but because most sports happen at night we treat the sports section like a morning edition.

Paul Glover is retiring after 34 years as the sports editor here at the Guard. I will be taking his place when he does leave here in a month so we are looking for my replacement.

Like I said above, any questions just shoot me an e-mail

2. Scott McDonald

There are a few things I should have mentioned before:

Batesville's population is just under 11,000 and the paper's circulation is around 6,000.

Batesville is located 95 miles north and a little east of Little Rock. It's about 68 miles west of Jonesboro. Memphis is a little over two hours to the east.

Batesville Motor Speedway is located in nearby Locust Grove so there is local racing to be covered.

3. Scott McDonald

Going to be making a final decision this coming weekend (July 15). I've gotten over 30 applicants so far so if anyone else is still interested please send me a resume buy Friday.

4. Scott McDonald

Thank you all that have applied or have inquired about this position

Draft saved Draft deleted