1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Pearlman: SJ.com is for loosers!!11!!11!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Really.

It's bullshit. It's bullshit that Jones gets to out people with impunity and it's bullshit to discuss PMs in the open.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Add Yankee to the list of names nobody really wants to be called. Unlike Southerner, which has an inherent charm attached to it, there's no charm to being from an entire region united by nothing but cold weather.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

added to the fact that many (most?) New Englanders hate the fucking Yankees, so...

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Dick, don't drag me into whatever you have going on with other members.

I thought I was being transparent in what I posted out on the board for all to see, so there wasn't any question about what I originally meant.

I'm moving on, Dick, I would hope you do as well.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Senator Chris Coons was on MSNBC this morning. Reminded me of this line from Jim Ignatowski in Taxi:

"Why, just the other night I watched the Delaware legislature debate whether or not the people should be called Delawareans, or Delawarites, or Delaweenies. Personally, I’m rooting for the Delawareans—although the Delawarites put up a good argument. Delaweenians didn’t stand a chance."

[​IMG]

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

"We the people of the fair State of Delaware this day forward will be known as Delawareans."

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Where is the rule about not posting PMs?

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

It's right under the rule about never laughing at anything written by Cisforkoke

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This is my understanding of the PM situation.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Is this like the unwritten rules of baseball?

Vombatus likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Some say George Washington named certain of the South Carolinians -- those who lived/farmed along major riverways -- that and the usage spread to cover all of them. Others say the name had been around long before then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.