1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Grover's whole life turns out differently if his father had just called his stolen bites "interceptions".

"When a joint was making the rounds, he often elbowed his way in, out of turn, shouted ‘Intercepted!’ and took an extra hit.”

New biography details Obama's pot-smoking 'interceptions'

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

3. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Don't sleep on Barry O.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I was...incredibly disappointed the more I read about this story today.

X-Hack and YankeeFan like this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

6. RickStain

Presumably he means that the child's parents could have negotiated with insurance companies before the child was born to purchase coverage that would have covered them without lifetime caps or any other shenanigans. That's the point of insurance: you buy it to protect you from unlikely but extreme events.

Putting health care in the hands of economic decisions is obscene, but they aren't blaming children for getting sick.

7. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I am no expert and have not looked it up. But I have read the biggest disappointment is that more healthy people have not signed up. In Massachusetts participation was higher than it has been in the rest of the nation. While Obamacare is expensive there are subsidies that cover most of the population.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You are clueless about this entire issue and seemingly have no desire to learn anything about it. Also, please stop conflating Israel with Bibi Netanyahu. Definitely not interchangeable.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Occasionally, I log on, scan a thread and find a post like this. It's not the first time you have done it. Do you feel emboldened because I have ignored it in the past? I have never insulted you on here -- as easy a target as you would be if I wanted to let loose. To the extent I even notice you, it's only been to respond directly to something you posted. ... and that isn't very often. ... either way, it's never been about you personally, and it has never been a cheap shot like that. WTF?

For what it is worth, if I was going to be an asshole like that, at least I'd have the guts to do it directly in response to you, rather than burying it for no reason on a thread where you might not see it.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Bill introduced in House to allow airlines to not include cost of taxes when advertising and listing prices. That'd be super popular.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Grover Norquist believes the sticker shock will turn airline passengers into Republicans.

12. RickStain

Poking fun at board reputations is a tradition around here. Reacting like this doesn't exactly disprove the joke.

TyWebb, SnarkShark and JC like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.