1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Based on "looks" right? LOL.

Like, what kind of look do you think they based this on? Maybe the look was based on the t-shirt they were wearing or the sign they were carrying.

If someone is clearly there to disrupt the event, they have every right to deny them entry.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Bad moves on both sides, though.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yes, based on looks. That's what the previous post said.

4. YankeeFan

This is incredibly dumb -- and criminal:

Backed by six exhibits and a dozen documents, the four-page letter described how Jane Sanders had “orchestrated” the purchase of 33 acres along Lake Champlain in Burlington, Vermont’s largest city, where her husband had minted his populistpolitical brand as mayor. The deal closed in 2010, when the senator’s wife was president of Burlington College, a tiny, obscure, nontraditional school that always seemed to be struggling for students and funds. The letter alleged that to secure a $10 million loan and execute her grand plan to expand the college, Jane Sanders had falsified and inflated nearly $2 million that she’d claimed donors had pledged to repay the loans.

Sanders had “successfully and intentionally engaged in a fraudulent scheme to actively conceal and misrepresent material facts from a federal financial institution,” the letter alleged. It pressed for a federal investigation into potential bank fraud.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Some people just have a dark and dusky look.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, in fairness, it's not like Ivanka had anything to do with the actual shoe design or day to day running of the company for which she's the figurehead.

But, yeah, whoever designed that shoe blatantly ripped it off. And for that a compensatory settlement will be paid.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  7. YankeeFan

Yeah. Like this guy:

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Hey, Smart Guy, tell us all about Pookie in Chicago again.

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Let me try again...
    Jane Sanders-
    “My family had a lake home in Maine since 1900, but we hadn’t had the time to go there in recent years — especially since my parents passed away,” she said to Seven Days. “We finally let go of it and that enabled us to buy a place in the islands — something I’ve always hoped for. ”
    However, to CTV, Jane gave a more complicated story. She said “she sold her share of her family’s long-time vacation home in Bridgton, Maine, to her brother for $150,000, added some money from her retirement account and from an advance her husband got on a book he is writing to come up with the money to buy the couple’s third home,” CTV said, adding that the Sanders paid cash for the house.

lakefront-I also "own" 3 homes--2 1/2 actually, one is seasonal. I am not rich-at all. Also don't most politicians have a home in D.C. along with their home state home? I also don't see it covered in gold like trumps. In other words, not extravagant.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't stand Bernie but to suggest that he's somehow enriching himself on the backs of others is pure idiocy.

11. YankeeFan

That's Obama's pal.

What's that have to do with my post.

@Starman suggested that they were keeping out dark and dusty folks.

Turns out the dark guy is keeping out the dirty, smelly hippies.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I wonder who was running Trump's twitter phone, 'cause no way in hell he wrote this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.