1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Lawson's Sip Of Sunshine. Last night went to microbrew fest in Boston had about 20 different beers. Some of the good breweries there: Other Half, Fiddlehead, Magnify, Finback, Pipeworks and several others. Best one I hadn't had before last night: J Wakefield from Miami. Haterade was very good, tasted like a fruit punch powerade or gatorade. Big Poppa, a 16% double stout, collaboration with Abnormal Beer Co. Usually not a big fan of sours, but Taking My Talents To Miami also was very good.

spikechiquet likes this.
  2. cjericho

Sap, a 7.3 % IPA with chinook hops, from Treehouse Brewing Co. Like this one a lot, even though many seem to favor other Treehouse IPAs. Pretty much every IPA they make is excellent, but this may be the one that is a little underrated.

3. cjericho

Julius, a 6.8% IPA from Treehouse, called their 'flagship IPA.' It is very, very good, but I prefer Sap.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Visiting in-laws in the desert. It's 11 am and quickly approaching 100 degrees. My seltzer water on ice is amazing right now.

Actually while I'm here, I ought to throw down a pint of VB's favorite lobotomy bock. Mojave Red and the Marzen Madness are still my favorites.

Vombatus likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Too late to count as "right now" but had a Cheerwine float from Cook Out today that was the tits.

6. cjericho

Westbrook Mexican Cake, a 10.5% imperial stout with vanilla, cocoa nibs and jabanero. One of my favorite beers, but not getting any heat from this one. Have three more bottles (it's one per person at pretty much every shop in NJ and NY) hopefully more jabanero in the others.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Blenheim Ginger Ale, the pride of South Carolina. On the taste buds it leaves a delightfully strong ginger flavor. In the throat it feels like I've spent 15 minutes gargling kerosene. And this is the gold cap "not as hot" version.

Blenheim Ginger Ale

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

My buddy's brewery is expanding (just opened in December and already "expanded" once by adding two more fermenters, but now adding an entire tank farm room, plus a bottling line and secondary cold room for bottle/keg distro and sales) so the beer was on him tonight since I helped unload the new cold room panels and re-install a temp door where his new garage door will be in the back.
    Had his AM/PM Blonde (Coffee Blonde) and his JPA (Japanese Pale Ale, which uses Sorachi Ace hops and rice)...both are delicious.

cjericho likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Tanqueray and tonic. That's my G&T gin, as Beefeater is my martini gin. Steaks just on the grill, mushrooms sauteed, salad made. Solstice is good.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Flight delayed at O'Hare, so I've had a few Ketel and sodas and an Old Style because Chicago.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

What the fuck happens if you drink a Japanese Pale Ale on Memorial Day?

12. cjericho

Think we have to check with Terry Frei.

Draft saved Draft deleted