1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

People don't go away when they lose, nor should they. Barry Goldwater lost like nobody's business and was a respected figure in the Senate working for his views for decades. What the hell is wrong with that?

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Goldwater was a sacrificial lamb. Romney probably fits in that category, too.

Clinton's own goal caused the greatest political disaster of our lifetimes.

FileNotFound likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The voters caused it, not her. Specifically, the angry ignorant old white voters of three states. And I assure you that nobody in the GOP thought Romney was a sacrificial lamb. As it happened, on the afternoon of election day 2012 I had to be in Logan airport and saw the private jets in landing patterns one by one for the Romney victory party. I had work the next day, so I couldn't go out to see them leave, although I wanted.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh bullshit. Goldwater knew damn well what he was doing, which included quite eagerly talking about the reasonable possibility of nuclear war --- the only candidate in 75 years up until Fucko who ever mentioned it as a feasible possibility during the campaign.

Even rough and ready, hell-bent Ronnie Raygun never actually spoke of nuclear war itself as a credible possibility, as Bomb 'Em Back to the Stone Age Barry did.

5. RickStain

Her job is to handle the voters.

Romney more or less went away for awhile after his loss. I didn't miss him.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't consider her a pariah.
    I don't think she should go away.
    I do think she should quit saying stupid-ass shit like that.

And not because I'm packing 11 inches of man meat ... but because I'm embarrassed for her.

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Preach on. You and your buddies love women.

QYFW and doctorquant like this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This week's entire episode of This American Life -- on now, and repeated over the weekend -- is about the East Ramapo school district.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Another one of your lovely tricks. You're making shit up. There are other possible reasons Obama didn't do more, though none of them are good, but you chose to make up whatever fit the story you like and hope nobody notices you are full of it.

Also, JC was correct, and damn you for making me agree with him. You would have criticized any action Obama took.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is this what you are talking about? It looks like it was posted in 2014.

A Not-So-Simple Majority

11. RickStain

This is my celebratory face when Handel beat Ossoff, moving the representation in Congress closer to gender parity.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Must be. I didn't hear them introduce it as a repeat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.