1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It doesn't downplay. If anything, it increases the magnitude of the tragedy exponentially.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Four out of five people listening to her thought, "What an asshole."

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That's good. Take a curtain call.

FileNotFound likes this.
  4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

How do you feel about hate crime legislation?

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

People who use boarding passes on their phones. Invariably they have to swipe and punch and poke to get the image back at just the right time for the gate attendant to scan it. Just print a damn paper pass.

Batman likes this.
  6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

For some reason this really made me laugh.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

For someone so immersed in modern tech, I am really a Luddite.

JC likes this.
  8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I do print them but I gotta say the ability to have a backup on a phone is a nice release of anxiety. Girlfriend lost hers a few weeks back when we were delayed for hours coming back to NYC. She initially panicked bc that's a default reaction if you're of a certain age. But then we remembered it was also on her phone. She ended up finding the print anyway

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I fly frequently and although there is absolutely nothing pleasant about it, this ranks low. I'm far more annoyed at people who are unaware of what liquids are, carry-on bags that could hold multiple coffins, can't figure out which is seat C and somehow get aboard with 4-5 carry-on bags. And as an aisle seat kind of person, I want to throttle every boarding passenger who smacks me with a bag.

But I do print boarding passes, even if I get one sent to my phone.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Major irk: utility companies that have to dig up a bit of the road to either fix something or provide service to a new development, and then do an absolute SHIT job of patching the asphalt when they are done.

One of my daily rants.

expendable and SpeedTchr like this.
  11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

When an athlete comes out of surgery and it is deemed successful. Why, because he didn't die?

We won't know if the surgery was successful until he is back playing at the level he was at when injured.

Saying the surgery "went well" or "as expected" is better terminology.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Everything about air travel irks me, including my decision to take the red eye home from Seattle last night. Hardly slept at all and now I'm a zombie all day.

Draft saved Draft deleted