1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going to Disneyland 2,000 days in a row

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JohnHammond, Jun 22, 2017.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

My cousin's late wife did three or four Disney World trips a year, and he got sucked in. He even let her decide on a Mickey wedding. My mouse ears are around, somewhere.

KJIM likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

There are some behind the scenes stuff you can do too, if you pay a premium for it early, or rush in at park opening to be the first of 20 or so.

At Disneyland, there was some Club 33 or something like that, which got you a pricey dinner on a balcony looking out over the fireworks display. We enjoyed that.

The next day I was threatened with divorce.

There are some tunnel, backstage tours too.

One interesting thing about Disneyworld is that, given its swampy locale, the whole "ground level" is actually the equivalent of a second story building with all the tunnels, facilities, character dressing rooms, etc., networked throughout the "first floor" underground of each park.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The preferred nomenclature is "finding her hidden Mickey."

SnarkShark likes this.
  4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

A female friend of mine took her kids on one and 6'd with the guy playing Gaston

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It took me an embarrassingly long time to get what you meant by that. I blame SJ's use of the 6 scale for hotness.

Batman likes this.
  6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

The Disneyworld Live district or whatever it was called had a bunch of their cast getting freaky after work, wife and I went into the club and sorta recognized a couple princesses and then started putting 2 and 2 together that the place was filled with workers.

In my younger days I met a drunk Disney on Ice performer at a club in the city where I lived. She was announced in a cute girl drunk voice "I'm a munchkin!" I worked every aspect of of my very limited game that night but Alec Baldwin didn't show up to give me coffee.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

We lived in Orlando in the mid-'70s when I was a toddler, and my parents said there was virtually nothing to do in town with kids except go to Disney.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Pics or GTFO!

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Po-thetic

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am sure I'll regret asking this, but why were you threatened with divorce?

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Absofuckinglutely not.

Huggy likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I know ... no outing.

Draft saved Draft deleted