1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Was that really the moment to end Raw with? You have your main eventer for the next PPV and your main eventer for Summerslam in a match that ends with bringing back a monster you've been pushing for months, and you end the show with a promo between a tag team that fans have turned lukewarm to in the last couple of months?

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Meltzer suggested there's ratings numbers that show they're losing people as the night goes on so they'd want to do the big ambulance thing at the 10:00 hour to get max eyeballs. I remember them doing most of the "main event" stuff in the fall in the 930/10 spots too and then closing with women or midcard stuff, but that was also against the NFL.....

I kind of loved it. The Joe/Roman stuff was good enough to carry any spot and Braun bursting out of the ambulance was flat out awesome. What a pop. People just love the big country boy. I hope they keep running with it.

And I like the way closing with Enzo and Cass adds gravity to the whole thing. There's something new different and interesting about the way they're using Graves not just as an announcer but as a "character" with Angle's texts and now this. And Cass kind of nailed his promo.

There were even a purpose to Bo getting a little shine on Finn, when he's ultimately a new Miz lackey. Getting him and Axel a spot on TV is never a bad thing, and to me, when all the different things on show interact with each other with cohesion and they all matter, it's great.

Raw just might be hitting its stride here.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

So Ellsworth dumps Becky off the ladder and helps Mella win the MITB. This has to lead to the rare Male vs. Female match and has to be at SummerSlam.

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I was thinking they might have Ellsworth pull it from Carmella and try to cash it in himself, leading him to getting laid out by Becky or Charlotte. But that's a waste of the case overall.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I actually predicted Carmella would win this in a FB prediction group thing some of us do on here. While it wasn't quite the way I thought it would happen, I knew Ellsworth would have to get involved to give Carmella the win.

6. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I've got "Roll Tide" covered.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Mauro is back in WWE, and will be joining the NXT commentary team.

Damn good news.

Baron Scicluna and sgreenwell like this.
  8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Anyone catch ROH's show last night? I've watched bits and pieces so far.

9. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

With Goldust going back to his roots tonight, I'd love to see him come out with Terri/Marlena.

Maybe Truth can come out with Little Jimmy. Or his twin brother, K-Kwik.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

who gets the segment with Lavar Ball? Would be a great fit with Sasha Banks' NXT character but not really with her face/Raw thing.

Does he get a pop in LA because of the Lakers? Or is he a heel because he's such an asshat?

Seems like his thing would fit in with Enzo....

11. JimmyHoward33

Went live to the PPV Friday.....don't follow the ROH product but wanted to see Cody live and also had never seen the Bucks.

Pretty good show. Somewhat underwhelming at parts. Didn't come away super impressed with Jay Lethal.... Def. impressed with Marty Scurll, that guy is over like rover. I thought the Bucks match was the best of the night....the huge dude for War Machine was ridiculously impressive with some of those spots.

Tough to top seeing Cody win the title in person. Wasn't a 5 star match or anything but as far as moments go it was pretty cool.

12. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

It'll be a MizTV segment.

Draft saved Draft deleted