1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The NL needs to go ahead and adopt the DH already, so you don't have farces like Schwarber playing left field and Freeman playing third base.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Fuck that. I'm an Indians fan. He was terrifying every time he stepped into the batter's box in that series.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Conversely, the AL needs to ditch the DH so more people are coming through minors who can actually play the field ...

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I'd be fine with that too. What I hate is the two leagues having different rules. It's really unfair when it comes to free agency, because no NL team is going to have a chance at signing a David Ortiz or Victor Martinez.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd like to see an overhead closeup of the batters box after the 3rd inning to show the massive orgy of loogy and dirt and chaw and seed shells and other stuff.

7. Songbird

This Jason Jackson kid plays a nice centerfield for the team in Cleveland.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Seven-inning Jake!

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Thank God that Chicago has the White Sox again this year.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Cool trivia: Curtis Granderson hit lead-off home runs two days in a row in LA. They came at almost the exact time, 7:11.09 and 7:11.11.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Joe Davis called out Angel Hernandez for his crappy umpiring on the Dodgers broadcast. Granderson got called out on a pitch low and away and Davis said "Curtis Granderson got Angel Hernandezed"

12. Songbird

Draft saved Draft deleted