1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

There is if you work at my newspaper.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At Walmart? Exactly the same? No. But at higher-end gun shops? Yes.

Some snipers and marksmen do use semi-auto versions of the AR frame because they aren't going to go full auto at 800 yards with a high-powered scope and flash suppressor/silencer attached to it. When the Army put it out for bid it was called the Compact Semi-Automatic Sniper System (CSASS). They settled on an HK G28 to replace the M110 SASS (Semi-Automatic Sniper System). Give me $4,000 and I can build an pretty close match of the M110 for you in about a month.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Fuck you. You knew it was wrong when you wrote it.

Those here who defended the Times should own up to being wrong too.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, bullshit, YF. Yes, a bolt action 7mm mag, a traditional hunting rifle, does not look as scary as an AR with all the cool looking assault rifle tupperware on it, but I'd far rather get hit by a .223 than a 7mm mag. That said, a Ruger mini 14 in .223 does not look nearly as scary as an AR, but it is functionally identical. Thirty round box magazine semi auto in .223.

You can buy a purely civilian AR15/M4 clone and build it completely identically to a military weapon, other than firing a single shot every time you pull the trigger instead of full automatic fire or three round bursts. A competent shooter with one at the third base dugout shooting people on a flat, wide open ball field should have shot far more than five people with sixty to a hundred rounds fired. The congressmen were lucky that six or eight or them didn't take a double tap apiece.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My chest has grown hair in the last 10 minutes just reading this thread.

britwrit likes this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The worst witch hunt in American history? I'm sure there are some ladies in Salem who would differ with that.

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Define military grade, oh educated one.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My 10th great grandfather Giles Corey tells Fucko to fuck off:

[​IMG]

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There's room over here on the sideline. We're afraid of tablesaws and jetskis.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm happy to defer to your judgement.

Please let me and @heyabbott know if we're able to buy the full range of weapons the military uses.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm not opposed to security forces for certain elected officials.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.