1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Probably, but Washington is so far ahead in the NL East that it doesn't really matter. They're 8.5 up on the Braves and Mets, both of whom have losing records.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Songbird likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Either way, he's already been out a couple of weeks. He gets hit again, he might be out longer and a bad season gets worse for the Giants. But, oh yeah, he protected the pitcher! And this is why I hate "the code." What's good in the short term is not good in the long term.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

The catcher usually runs after the batter and tackles him from behind. That way there's a lot less chance of him getting hurt than the pitcher getting hurt. But if it's a catcher who has been injured guess just let the batter take a shot at your pitcher.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Sale vs Quintana. White Sox should wear the unis that Sale cut up.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I noticed that pitching matchup, too. Hope it's retro jersey day or some other annoying promotion that gets Sale off his game.

cjericho likes this.
  7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Idiocy of the day

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I was out there yesterday. They had a pretty nice video tribune to Sale in the first or second inning on the scoreboard, and he got a standing ovation from us and stood up for a curtain call. Really nice moment.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This is a joke. I've heard two different former players speaking on two different programs (one was Teixeira on ESPN and the other was Kevin Frandsen on KNBR) and they both said the same thing: There was nothing wrong with what Buster did. Teixeira said basically Buster a) didn't condone what Strickland did and b) star players will usually find some way to stay away from the shenanigans (by and large). Frandsen said Buster knew Strickland was going rogue based on the fact he shook Buster off for an inside fast ball.

F Buster being a bad teammate, Strickland decided to put himself and his BS feud with Harper from two and a half years ago above the team in a 2-0 game. That is a bad teammate.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

I heard some speculation, too, that Strickland and Posey may have talked about it ahead of time, and it's possible Posey told him, "You pull that, I'm not helping you out."

Total speculation, but it makes sense.

In a vacuum, he does look like a bit of an asshole teammate just standing there watching.

11. Dick Whitman

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Jeb! out, Jetes seeking new partners, Romney group now the frontrunner? Stay tuned for another adventure in As The Marlins Turn:

Jeb Bush Drops Pursuit Of Marlins

Draft saved Draft deleted