1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

There's not a better code than, "There were a lot of big guys and I was afraid?"

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm really late to the party but ...

I missed who had Strickland's leg, but that is what made that whole scene. Pence of course shoving his ass to the tunnel shows who the leader on that team is.

Easily 5 games for actually throwing punches, which of course will be appealed down to two or three. Nats lose in this exchange. Strickland isn't vital to the Giants, comparatively speaking.

A red ass who can't get it through his head that throwing 100 miles per hour just means its going to be hit a long way if it doesn't have at least a little movement is not long for this team if he doesn't have someone standing up for him. I for one wouldn't lose sleep if that guy went somewhere else. I'll risk a Joe Nathan situation if it means we clear space for someone with a brain.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Good point. If he got hurt, then MLB would pass another rule preventing catchers from interfering in mound charges, even if their pitcher does deserve rescuing.

cjericho likes this.
  5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

One day one of the non-expendable guys will have someone charge the mound. What will Buster do then?
    Guess the rule will be changed when that happens.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Fixed ...

7. HanSenSE

50 Cent wonders what the fuss is about.

8. HanSenSE

I think the retaliation is only in Harper's mind. He waited this long? I know Harper's been coddled since high school, but, please ...

As for Posey, remember he had a concussion earlier this season, so didn't want to aggravate that. His value to the Giants is much, much more than whatever valuable MLB man points he would have gained (and because it's a holiday, triple stamps) by intervenin.

9. HanSenSE

Pence will face some sort of punishment as well, for coming off the bench while on the DL.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Not really about gaining MLB man points, more about protecting the pitcher and having your teammate's back.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If you're Posey, at least stand up and try to get in between Harper. Once the shit starts hitting the fan, with his history, feel free to exit the ring.
    He didn't run out to do anything until the overhand rights started flying.

Draft saved Draft deleted