1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TBF needs help: Travel edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, May 29, 2017.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Pretty safe to say, most of my travel plans are, um, made for me. Either someone else makes the arrangements, or I'm flying the damn thing across the country myself.

Thus, I have a question that will likely seem second nature to you guys, but I'm a bit perplexed.

Connecting in Dallas on Thursday night. Staying overnight to catch an early Friday morning flight out of there. Will I get my bags Thursday night, or will the airline keep them for the Friday morning flight? The flights into and out of DFW are on the same airline.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

United (yeah, I know) sez:

For a trip that includes one or more connections, United will check bags to the final destination stated on the ticket. United will generally transport checked baggage on the same flight as the traveler. If this is not practical, United will arrange to transport the baggage on the next flight with available space.

You'll need to claim and re-check baggage if you are:

• Making a voluntary stopover
    • Making a connection that involves an overnight stay
    • Connecting to an itinerary booked on a separate ticket that doesn't include a Star Alliance partner airline
    • Traveling internationally and connecting to a domestic flight within your destination country

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Thanks, @SpeedTchr . Traveling on United from Tegucigalpa to Houston, where I'll grab my bags and recheck them with American to Dallas on the first day. Then, on morning two, I'll fly American from DFW into Manhattan.

I've checked their website and can't find anything on it.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

TBF, I think it you check your bags with American for the domestic portion, they're going to keep them overnight. I think the only way you'd get them back was if you purchased your last leg yourself and it was on a completely different itinerary. It's down as a layover on your itinerary and not a stop?

Pack the toothbrush in the carry-on.

three_bags_full likes this.
  5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Add the drugs to the carry-on too. I mean, Rx, you know. Maybe wink wink, but I'd advise no wink wink.

Draft saved Draft deleted