1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brockmire

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Apr 12, 2017.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Watched first two episodes. Laughed a few times. Too much good TV out there to watch this, but I'm tempted to hang on so I can see him beat Joe Buck's ass.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Really strong episode this week. It nailed social media and the news business.

Brockmire: How is Jim Brockmire yelling at a minor league baseball game national news?

Young sidekick: News today is basically anything that was on the Internet yesterday

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The ASMR video had me rolling.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Very well done first season. I'd like to see him work his way back up the ladder.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, but only if he somehow finds a way to bring Amanda Peet along for the ride.

6. Webster

Part of me agrees, but I actually like the idea if he leaves her in the dust of his ambition.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Loved the first season.

And I'm guessing Peet's gonna be there in season 2. Her becoming his enemy could be fun.

8. Webster

The show runner said that she is going to be a part of the next season.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Saw the last couple of episodes. Solid but I can't imagine too much of an audience past, well, those of us on SJ.

I have this image of Joe Buck begging to work for the minimum just to get his acting bug - even though he is playing the same character from his book.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Got two more episodes to watch, but I've enjoyed it so far.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I have a niece that loves the show and she doesn't know the first thing about sports. She's a Cubs fan.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Have no idea on the numbers, but it must have done well enough to bring it back for another season.

Draft saved Draft deleted