1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Tiger Woods thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Deserves to get beaten over the head with a club for this.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Because drunk people convince themselves they aren't actually drunk.

HanSenSE, Inky_Wretch and QYFW like this.
  3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Nope, they know, just never think it can happen to them

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The DUI is probably going to cost at least $1k to $15k. Much more expensive than Uber or Lyft.

Plus, his car will probably get a breathalyzer system installed in the ignition system, to which we all can say Tiger blows!

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Woods, especially in his mug shot, looks like a lost man. He might never find his way back, and I'm not just talking about golf.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Disagree. I think Whitman's right. Famous last words are "I'm fine." And people really believe it. It's also a cultural thing -- we've all heard that there's the legally drunk but that you're fine to go a little bit above that. Not saying it's right, just saying that's what we've been taught.

I learned that way many years ago. I'm not proud, but that was the time and place -- it was better to be a little lubed up, especially if you got in an accident because your body is looser and bends better during the collision.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That applies to everyone, not just rich people.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

If you're drunk enough to get a DUI, you're drunk enough to convince yourself you can drive.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, probably. I get around it by not driving if I have more than one drink/beer. Yeah, I know I could probably do a couple more but I'm not going to take the slightest chance. Especially today, with so many relatively cheap ride services, there's no need.

I'm sure we all have stories about the dangers of drunk driving. Mine involves my sister's family.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Right. You have to take guesswork out of the equation, ahead of time. You can't be sitting there guessing after a couple, three beers.

Moderator1 likes this.
  11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Each weekend, I'm absolutely floored when reading our police reports and seeing how many people (ranging in ages from 18 to 70) who get hit with a DUI. The ones that are older really baffle me, quite honestly.

I was far, far dumber in my younger years and escaped some very close calls. Now that I'm a parent and have a home, wife, etc., I wouldn't get into a car after two beers. It's just not worth it. Ever.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why it surprises anyone that people who drink too much make bad decisions.

Draft saved Draft deleted