1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I actually liked what they were doing with Eva Marie's character before the suspension.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's what it was. My bad.

It's been so long, and I didn't really give a crap in the first place. Are you talking about when the wardrobe malfunctions started?

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

When they'd make excuses for her not being able to wrestle. Yeah. It was pretty funny.

4. KYSportsWriter

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Start RAW with Miz TV with Hardys opponents....get excited Matt might actually speak on the show....get disappointed.

Settling in for another great Monday night.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Alexa: "Bayley won this trophy for sportsmanship? She must have gotten a lot of scholarships for that!"

Wow, the E reads our Journalism page!

7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Who thought this thing would be a good idea?

Oh. Hi, Vince.

8. Baron Scicluna

Booker just said, "This is hard to watch."

Summing up the opinion of fans everywhere.

9. KYSportsWriter

What'd I miss?

10. Baron Scicluna

The E had Alexa do a "This Is Your Life" about Bayley, with a bunch of props of things supposedly from Bayley's childhood, including trophies and her high school,yearbook. They also had one of her "elementary school teachers," her "former best friend" (in real life, one of her best friends, along with her friend's mother, were murdered by her stepfather), and her "ex-boyfriend" talk about how Bayley's dad was everywhere, including going out on dates. At one point, the ex-BF said he only "dated Bayley so he could get close to the ex-best friend, who he always had a a crush on" and they started kissing. This was when Booker made the quote of the year.

It ended with Bayley coming out, starting to beat up Alexa, then Alexa got the upper hand with another kendo stick shot.

It went on way too long, crowd was constantly doing the "what" chant, at one point chanting "delete" and "boring" as well. It wasn't Alexa's fault, just that the material was pure crap.

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone's done a better job dealing with the what chants than Alexa....she needs better material.

I really hope they didn't trot out old school Goldust just for a preshow match with Truth and then to disappear again. Fantasy booking a run vs. the Miz for the IC title over who the real Hollywood star is....

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Sounds like somebody in creative thought they could replicate the classic Foley-Rock "This Is Your Life," which of course is pretty much impossible. That was a different time, place and people, writers.

Baron Scicluna and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted