1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 NBA playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

1986 Celtics?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ainge not HOF

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm going Knicks -- Reed, Bradley, DeBusschere, Frazier, Monroe. Was that the '73 team?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Yes. Jerry Lucas HOF on the bench. Phil Jackson HOF on the bench. Red Holzman HOF. Dick McGuire HOF, assistant coach.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

They played great team basketball, but a couple of those guys really shouldn't be in the HOF.

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I'm still wondering whether the Cavs can get past the Celtics. They do OK this week?

cjericho likes this.
  7. cjericho

Even though besides LeBron the Cavs have some standard parts, the Celtics had little chance without Thomas.

8. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

There was a critical stage in the second half of Game 4 where if the Cavs didn't play well RIGHT THEN, then they had no chance of winning the series.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

"The next 24 minutes will say a lot about whether the Cavs can win the series."

Cavs won those next 24 minutes and won the series. So where was I wrong? Of course had the Celtics won and were going back to Boston tied 2-2 after beating the Cavs in Cleveland, my "hyperbolic" statements would have looked less so. But of course you don't have the processing power for nuance so I'll sum up by saying a statement that should have shown a bit of restraint turned out to be right and you're a twit.

10. cjericho

May have been more accurate to say, "The next 24 minutes will say a lot about whether the Celtics have a realistic chance to win the series." The Cavs did win and then easily won Game 5. But if the Celtics won Game 4, it was still very unlikely they win the series without Thomas.

11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

An old favorite -- "I threw something at the wall, AND IT STUCK!"

Great for you. It still made almost no sense at the time.

I didn't watch much of Game 5. Weren't the Celtics down huge yet again? Doesn't lend much credibility to your theory.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Or with him.

Draft saved Draft deleted