1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vanity plates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's the redistribution of sh#ttiness.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

My family got me vanity plates for my birthday several years ago and I've kept them. One letter short than what I would have preferred (Oregon only allows 6 letters), but it works fine. You can't get a vanity in the classic blue "Pacific Wonderland" plate though, and that's a bummer, because the scraggly-looking standard Doug fir plates might be the ugliest in the country.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

But they do have to drive I-81, with some of the most red-assed traffic cops in the nation to boot.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In theory, if we dump all of the shittiness into only a handful of states, won't that make the rest of them better? Like NIMBY on steroids?
    I get the sense that's why a lot of people tolerate Mississippi, Alabama and Arkansas.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The Deep South states can't hit for average. We're the very best in some categories and the very worst in way too many others.

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted