1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Like people who come here illegally?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Fascinating that the GOP is trashing the CBO when that group's head is a former GW Bush guy.
    So let's say the CBO score is comparable in accuracy to the Fuhrer's budget. You know, that document with the multi-trillion-dollar accounting error. Let's say only 10 million people will ultimately be without health insurance instead of 23 million. Are people OK with that?

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

What a Trumpanzee might look like.

[​IMG]

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

LongTimeListener and RickStain like this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Less of that annoying climate change talk.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No answer about the journalism, I notice. I'll take that as a no until shown otherwise, which I hope you do. Otherwise, I have to ask why this board is welcoming folks who have nothing to do with the profession supposed to be about.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

LOL.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Non journalists have never been shunned.

That said, I've grown real tired of folks who seem to be here to troll and put down journalists.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Who's doing that? Gee seems to think that angering a journalist will cause them to double down on finding out the truth about an individual. So what does that say about the average journalist in Gee's scenario? Are they just going through the motions until they find a reason to REALLY work hard at uncovering information. What Gee said is what calls into question what journalists do.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A candidate for Congress, who may well be a Congressperson, assaulted a reporter. I think anyone who would defend that has no place here. If the higher ups disagree, fine, but I think that's a pretty black and white issue.
    Q-ball, there's no use trying but here goes. Gianforte just made news. Before this, reporters outside Montana didn't know who he was. Now they do, and will do their best to see if he makes more news. You are not dumb, but your ignorance of the news business is near total.

OscarMadison and heyabbott like this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Who's defending it?

And you of all people should know that the mods allow some pretty terrible stuff.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.