1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explosion at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester; fatalities

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, May 22, 2017.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The KKK isn't religiously motivated, so you suck at playing this game. That comparison is just ignorant meme-based parroting, But, here ya go: Compare the number of church bombings in the past 20 years to the number of mass terror attacks by followers of Islam in the past 20 years. Or mass terror attacks in the past 10 years. I'll even give ya 5. Hell, how about one?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tom Nichols called them "the Lost Boys."

http://thefederalist.com/2015/07/09/the-revenge-of-the-lost-boys/

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I gave an asinine response to an asinine response. You responded to a post that was basically the religion isn't bad, the people who carry out hate in religion's name is bad. You retorted with some people (Christians) fall short of their religious teachings by making little mistakes while others (Muslims) fall short by commiting acts of terror.

Your argument is basically the bulk of terrorist attacks have been carried out by organizations from the Middle East and their sympathisers. Those organizations claim to follow Islam. Therefore everyone who follows Islam is a terrorist.

To follow your line of thinking: The KKK is a group that hates non whites and Catholics and try to kill them or destroy their places of worship. Members of the KKK are all white. Therefore all whites hate minorities and Catholics and try to kill them.

Are the majority of terrorists coming from radical Islam? Yes. Is the reason really Islam teaches you to bomb women and children or could it possibly be something deeper involved like people who don't have opportunities for wealth and are tired of western powers dictating where they'll live, what county they live in and continue to plunder their land for oil? And all while using them as pawns in this global struggle for energy and power. So please tell me again how I'm just ignorantly meme parroting.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The terrorists aren't religious at all. They're just common thugs who exploit Islam to cloak their nefarious deeds, the same way the KKK uses Christianity.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yep. Nothing to do with religion. Why, there are plenty of Christians, Buddhists, etc. who are committing mass murder daily across the globe. No one is immune.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Holy shit, there is not a rolly-eye emoticon big enough for this. Poor terrorists. If only we understood them and stopped making them kill people. #Unfuckingbelievable

7. Spartan Squad

Or you know we could make life better for people so terrorist recruitment becomes harder but by all means let's continue to bomb and invade. That's bound to work eventually.

8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

UPChip likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Is it sad that I was hoping someone would bring that up after I typed it?

Gator likes this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You know what you should do? Put this on Twitter. Right now. Maybe add something like, "He PROBABLY shouldn't have killed all those people -- at least most of the children -- but keep in mind that he was probably mad about oil and almost certainly wanted to live in San Diego."

11. Spartan Squad

I'll get right on that.

In the mean time I'll remind you that I was addressing your simpleton statement that all Muslims are terrorists and if not, they soon will be. Because God forbid we acknowledge that the roots of the terrorist problem in the Middle East are way more complex than simply "Islam is bad. Don't follow Islam, m'kay."

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

No one has ever said that, Scarecrow.

Draft saved Draft deleted