1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I understand the complaints, and also that it's not a binary choice, but Jinder Mahal, champion is more compelling than Randy Orton, champion and it's not really close.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Tommy_Dreamer and Batman like this.
  3. KYSportsWriter

I do not mind Mahal as champion at all. Vince is trying to expand the business into India, and this will most definitely help in that area.

Also, I listened to the Jericho podcast he did with Mahal. This was supposed to happen six years ago, when the WWE thought Khali was leaving. Mahal was supposed to take his spot then, but that didn't happen.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Problem is Jinder is not good....

It's a real indictment of Randy Orton too.....

Would Jinder be over if he beat the bag out of Roman Reigns and won the title? What about John Cena?

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Reigns, yes. As fun as Strowman's run as a monster has been, it's helped him immensely to have Reigns as his primary foil. I think anyone that beats Roman would have a significant portion of the crowd on his side.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Separated at birth: Kurt Angle and Doctor Who character Strax?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

You guys are laughing at Jinder being champ, but once he defends his title against Orton, we're going to get the inevitable Mahal vs. Mojo feud and you know Mojo's going over on that one probably. Thus leading to next year's Mania tag match of Mahal and the Bollywood Boyz vs. Mojo and the Gronks.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Also, you'll notice the ref goes over to the Bollywood Boy who just took the header to make sure if he was ok.

Orton walks back, says something to the ref and the ref tells Orton that the guy said he was ok.

When I first saw that "spot" I said ouch and the look on Orton's face said it all.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

1) Jinder Mahal looks like he attended the Steven Regal School of Fart Sniffing.
    2) I don't know when they decided to repackage Lana with Kelly Kelly's old exhibitionist stripper gimmick, but I'm rather happy about it.

10. KYSportsWriter

They tried to do something similar with Emma and the Emmalina gimmick, but it never worked out for one reason or another.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

I don't think that's where they were taking that.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

At least according to the dirt sheets, Emmalina was supposed to basically be a remix of Sable's old "character," but they shelved it because Emma was uncomfortable doing it and because the response at house shows was horrible too. I fully believe that's why they kept trying to push Eva Marie for years too, until she's finally been MIA from a suspension, IIRC.

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted