1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Images

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jeff, Dec 9, 2014.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

From the national museum in Beirut: "Drunken cupid sarcophagus." Not kidding. Loved the puking one.

Vombatus and SpeedTchr like this.
  2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

How is Beirut? I kind of want to go there.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Not bad if you can stand Intafada like shit and the threat of DEATH. Not sure how many Hilton points it's worth though. KJIM? Is it as bad as I think?

4. Vombatus

Who.

5. Vombatus

I hate it when memes don't use proper English. FUCK!!!!!

I feel another rant coming on...

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. Vombatus

Paging freq!!!!

Does this work? And what fucking aisle do you have to troll/loiter? Lingerie? Little boys underwear (if you are in Central PA)?

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I had a good time, but it was pretty much like any other city. I went with the cheapest person possible and therefore didn't get to do any of the side trips (like the Jeita grotto or diving) that I wanted to do. I have nine blisters on my feet from walking because she wouldn't take a cab.

The souks had been rebuilt into a hugely expensive outdoor mall. There were guards, barriers and barbed wire everywhere, but meh. I pretty much slept through a coup attempt here, so spending a long weekend in a town whose civil war ended in a generation ago was no issue.

The direct flight was less than $200, the hotel was centrally located (Casa d'Or; I didn't see Hilton but they did have a Crowne Plaza and Staybridge Suites).

The Place de l'Etoile was awesome, the museum was cool, the people were nice, the water was beautiful and, more importantly, the food was amazing.

Helsinki is next. Looking for fun photo ops.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

More proof that KJIM is the most underrated badass on the board.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

That's funny, because I've mentioned that my next award simply say "For being a badass" instead of all the wordy crap they like to slap on there.

dixiehack likes this.
  11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Thanks, KJIM. I'm old enough that I remember Beirut being "the Paris of the Middle East" before the civil war, and it's always had vaguely romantic notions for me. Plus I like to dive. I will put it on my very long list.

Have fun in Helsinki. I'm in Spain at the moment. Italy next week, then the UK. Europe is amazing. You can basically get anywhere for $100 and in two hours. Heaven.

12. Vombatus

Draft saved Draft deleted