1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I wish you were dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by QYFW, May 18, 2017.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

If you are going that far, I'd also pour Agent Orange in a nice big rectangular shape from the headstone on down.

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it was Churchill who said:

"I have never wished death on a man, but I have read many an obituary with great enthusiasm."

Buck and Vombatus like this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ouch. That is a serious grudge. I thought it was bad that I still regret not punching one of my former bosses in the mouth even though I haven't even seen the guy in over 20 years.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I remember laying out our paper's special section that night and saying to someone in the newsroom how odd it was to see Americans in the streets to celebrate the death of someone (who, obviously, surely deserved it). I never could quite wrap my head around feeling joy over his death. I understand the sentiment, certainly, but for me, the feeling was more simply that justice had been served and kind of a melancholy remembrance of the victims of 9/11.

Draft saved Draft deleted