1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, they quietly made it a non-title match.

Which, of course, doesn't make sense because it's supposed to be Bray's return match after losing the belt at WM.

This whole thing, which includes the brand re-boots, was botched beyond belief.

3. Baron Scicluna

In a way, though, it makes some sense, since he just hurt it a few months ago. With Cowboy Bob (and Iron Mike), it was more of an ironic heel spoof.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

WWE went so far as to have KO tweet he was on Mondays Smackdown house show to swerve that ending. Cool. Jericho vs AJ Styles? Very odd. Neither makes sense as US champ but I like being surprised, so cool.

Did that heinous attack by Sheamus and Cesaro break the Hardy boys?? I hope so.

Huge Alexa Bliss mark but I don't fully understand WWE fetish for beating people, women in particular, in their hometowns.

Please don't let Nia Jax wrestle Bliss. She may paralyze her.

Braun Strowman ---- and the chants he gets while mauling Roman --- are the absolute best.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Kurt is trying hard not to crack up by the end of that clip. Hilarious stuff.

Which is, again, why they should have waited until after the first two shows of the "new" year to reset anything. The timing was absolutely botched.

Was texting with @Tommy_Dreamer dreamer during the HoH match last night. I was not aware they had changed it from a title match to non-title. I thought since it was Bray's return match that the belt was up for grabs. I'm glad to see Bray get a win, but using that kind of match for a non-title bout is just stupid.

Hopefully we get the Broken Hardys tonight on Raw, or sometime in the next few weeks.

Speaking of Sheamus, he's getting some heat on the net because of the kick to Jeff's head that led to Jeff losing a tooth. I thought the spot was great.

Figured Bliss would win last night, and just because of the whole "champion loses in hometown" thing. Bliss is the best thing going on the women's roster right now, IMO. As far as her next opponent, I think her and Nia could have an interesting feud if they went that direction.

The "you deserve it" chants at the end of Strowman-Reigns were a bit over the top, but that match was fantastic. So glad they let Braun destroy Reigns, but it kind of leaves Reigns in a weird spot on the heels of beating Taker.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Jericho and the U.S. belt are going to SmackDown. I seriously doubt they're going to keep both midcard belts on the same show.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

8. Baron Scicluna

Batman likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

The great thing about that is Angle trying and failing to keep a straight face.

10. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Amazing main event, but it didn't need all the shenanigans at the end.

11. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, but it sets things up nicely for the future.

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I'm so sick to death of Dean Ambrose.

I'm very much down for Balor vs Wyatt. I'm all done with Rollins/Joe and Ambrise/Miz.

And having Strowman off the tv when he's maybe the hottest thing in the industry is foolish.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted