1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Everyone's an expert on Hungarian resistance groups now.

What has he said, or done?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why do you allow me so much space in your head?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Dominance and Submission Day.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm having a wonderful time. What say we continue this, but you can't repeat the same old lines and you have to come up with your own original material. Deal?

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nah. You aren't worth the effort. But by all means, feel free to prove my point by writing more poetry about me.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I WIN! I WIN!

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Sebastian Gorka Did Not Have a Good Day Yesterday
    "While Gorka had worn a medal representing the Vitézi Rend during Trump’s inauguration party, he claimed he only wore it in honor of his father. But according to the Forward, Gorka was more closely tied to the far-right group than he led reporters to believe. Gorka frequently went by “Sebestyén L. v. Gorka,” when he published articles in Hungary, using an honorific (“v,” an abbreviation of “Vitez”) that was only used by sworn members of the order. Notably, Gorka had used the honorific in papers long before his father, a member of the Vitézi Rend, had died, casting doubt on the claim that he had inherited the title.

Trump White House staffer Sebastian Gorka worked with anti-Semitic leaders in Hungary: report

According to an investigation by the Forward, a New York-based news organization catering to the Jewish community, Gorka “had close ties then to Hungarian far-right circles, and has in the past chosen to work with openly racist and anti-Semitic groups and public figures” between 2002 and 2007.

• In 2006 Gorka became involved with a protest group known as the Hungarian National Committee as a press coordinator, translator, and general adviser during Hungary’s widespread anti-government protests. One of its leaders was László Toroczkai, who as head of the 64 Counties Youth Movement, which wanted to restore Hungary’s pre-World War I borders, had been editor of a newspaper that in 2004 referred to Jews as “Galician upstarts” who “are sucking on our blood, getting rich off our blood.”
    • In 2007, after serving as an adviser to the right-wing nationalist prime minister Viktor Orbán, Gorka helped found a political party known as the New Democratic Coalition. Two of its three co-founders, Tamás Molnár and Attila Bégány, had been influential former members of an anti-Semitic party called Jobbik.
    • In 2006 and 2007, Gorka wrote a number of articles for a newspaper known as Magyar Demokrata, whose editor-in-chief is prominent anti-Semite András Bencsik.

The aforementioned story by The Forward drew the ire of Breitbart and Red State, which claimed the story erred in translating several key passages. The Forward therefore reached out to another expert.
    Sebastian Gorka Remarks Backing Anti-Semitic Militia Translated Correctly: Experts

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Maybe Gorka should be put in a position where he has no influence -- like a party organization's deputy or something.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Your party, tap.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What does this even mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.